ADAPTING YOUR HOME
You can use the time before your hip operation to prepare your home for your rehabilitation period. The following adaptations to the home are recommended in order to avoid accidents:
- corridors: remove any loose carpets or stick them to the floor if there is no other option: also ensure that transitional areas are as even as possible, in order to avoid tripping.
- stairs: ensure that handrails are securely fastened and that any stair coverings are level and properly secured.
- meubels: zorg dat de gangpaden breed genoeg zijn zodat er voldoende ruimte is voor loophulpmiddelen zoals krukken.
- chair: provide a chair with the correct seat height, armrests and a high backrest, so that you can sit down and stand up easily.
- it is best to place frequently used objects at waist height.
In principle, you can do anything with the muscle-sparing surgery method. These measures will make the rehabilitation process in your home more pleasant and easier.